Sunday 18 August 2024

Catching up again

 




We had an unexpected visitor last week, this young falcon made a flying visit into the kitchen. Tony had watched him fly up the garden to the fish pond but instead of flying away he managed to fly into the kitchen. After a little coaxing we manage to get it to go out through the roof window. It was nice to see one so close up.


Glancing through blogs I see that lots of people have hedgehogs and birds visiting their garden but at the moment all we seem to have is a little mouse eating all the bird food stored in the out house and a huge wasps nest snuggled down in the climbing hydrangea. There are loads of them so I'm having to make a detour so that I don't have to walk past them when I go down the garden. The other path is through the trees which are covered in cobwebs but I'd rather face the spiders than the wasps.


The weeks seem to be flying by at the moment, rushing around trying to get everything gathered in from the garden before it all goes to seed. After a slow start everything seemed to grow at once so I've been freezing as much as I can so life gets a bit busy.


A couple of weeks ago I had a tumble, I don't know how it happened, one minute I was walking down the drive, the next thing was I could see the ground coming up to meet me. I've felt battered and bruised for the last week  but the worst part was that my ribs hurt so much I found it hard to breathe. Thankfully, though I'm still sore, everything seems to be on the mend. It certainly knocked my confidence and I'm still wary of watching where I step, I'm just thankful that I didn't do any more damage.


On a happier note Tony is doing well after his heart attack, lots of blood tests and doctors and hospital appointments that he's never had before but thankfully he is on the mend as long as he looks after himself and takes life a bit easier. It's been hard on him as he's always on the go but taking more rest breaks seem to be working.


It will be our wedding anniversary on Monday, 46 years and my how those years have flown, it doesn't seem five minutes since we were getting ready for our honeymoon in Wales and so excited to be starting out on our new life's journey. Three lovely daughters and five grandchildren later and we're still happy.





I started a new stitch a week ago "Brambleberry Bunting" by Brenda Gervais. I've only done a little and didn't realise that it was 36 count fabric which was a gift along with the chart and threads and my eyesight not being what it used to be makes seeing the fabric a bit of a strain. I might pull it out and go back to my usual 28 count it might be easier on the eyes. I must admit my stitching bug has gone for a wander lately, I just can't settle to do anything but lots of other things have been going on so maybe it will come back soon.




This is Gizmo, he's about 19 now but loves to spend his day out in the garden watching the birds go by. A few years back he'd have been chasing them but old age has finally caught up with him and as the vet has said, as long as he can eat and drink and he's happy then there might be a few more years left in him yet. I do hope so.






A few pictures of the garden and that's all my news for now.

Take care everyone,

love Sue xx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely garden Sue and I love the new cross stitch..glad you've recovered from your fall, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear Tony is doing well and following Dr's orders, but so sorry you've had a fall, it really does knock you for six, hope the bruising heals quickly and you feel better soon.
    Awww how sweet does Gizmo look sitting in the sunshine. I really miss my two cats, loosing both of them in less than a year was hard, Molly loved the sun and would sit in it all day, Millie was more sensible and waited until it had cooled down to sit out, cats are funny aren't they.
    I love the new stitching start but I know what you mean about your stitching mojo going missing, mine had too for quite a few months I just wasn't feeling it, but suddenly it came back again, it goes like that sometimes doesn't it.
    You have a beautiful garden, thanks for sharing some of your lovely flowers.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete