Sunday 29 September 2024

A wet start to Autumn


I'm hoping for a few dry days as the garden is in need of some TLC, the lawn needs a good cut and hopefully doing that will pick up most of the fallen leaves that we have an abundance of after the wind and rain. We also have another problem with the wasps nest in the garden as the wasps have become very active and every time we walk outside they are on the attack. They have become a real nuisance this year are they are so close to the house but with any luck the queen will be on her way soon to find a new spot for next year.

September has been a bad month, I haven't felt well and I had another fall and landed on the knee that I hurt last year which has been so painful that I've struggled walking so I've been feeling a bit sorry for myself. I've hardly been out of the house and all I want to do is sleep but things are improving and I'm doing gentle exercises as the doctor suggested last year.

I have managed to put a few stitches in and finished Brambleberry Bunting by Brenda Gervais.



I also stitched Christmas Cactus  from the Deck the Halls booklet by Blackbird designs.


I just need to finish them off when I can get round to it.


This is the skirt I started earlier this year, It's been hanging around in the wardrobe waiting for the hem to be finished. It didn't hang right and the panels were curved so it didn't make a straight hem but it looks alright now when it's on.


We filled some pots at the beginning of September and they are beginning to fill out now.


And a few more pictures of the garden also taken earlier this month. We've had such a lovely show from the flower seeds that we grew this year that it has made up for the vegetables getting eaten even though they were covered














Not a lot else has been happening other than a bit of knitting and I'm not the fastest knitter so not a lot to show for now and as I've been nowhere and done nothing there's not much more to say.

Have a good weekend everyone,

love Sue xx




No comments:

Post a Comment