Sunday 30 June 2024

Stitching, Gardening and an impatient patient.

Well, the weather has changed today and it's raining which has cooled it down outside and indoors which has been most welcome after the few hot days we've had. I shouldn't grumble as it's what I'd been wanting.
I've been trying to get the garden sorted but have decided that it's not going to happen this year, it doesn't look bad but I can see the weeds and the patches where the summer bedding should have been planted but I haven't had the time.

Tony had a heart attack a few weeks back and it's knocked us both for six, he had no warning so it was a bit frightening when he walked in from the garden and said he had pains in his arms. Kim called for an ambulance which was here in about 15 minutes so the waiting wasn't too long but when the paramedic said yes you're definitely having a heart attack we both just looked at each other in disbelief.

We followed the ambulance in the car and by the time we'd parked up and found where he was he'd already had the procedure and was talking about coming home. He was still there five days later which didn't go down well with him. He's always been busy making things or gardening so it's been hard for him to sit and do almost nothing for a few weeks but thankfully this week he's beginning to look for things that he can do and not think about what he can't do for a while, so fingers crossed he keeps making good progress.



I finished Gentle Stitches by Shakespeare's Peddler and made it into a needle roll and decided to send it off to my partner for the cross stitch exchange as I hadn't got round to finishing anything else off. I forgot to take a photo of the gifts that I sent with it so hopefully my partner will take one for me.



I made a start on this dreamcatcher cross stitch but I haven't managed to put many stitches into it but it looked so pretty in the magazine. It's from an old world of cross stitch magazine which must be about 10 years old and I hope the colours will look as bright as they do in the photo. It's called Follow your dreams by Amanda Gregory.




We decided to do something with this bit of the garden which is just out of the kitchen door. The pond used to be there but when we moved the pond this was a little bit of what was left. We took it all apart and dug out all the rubbish underneath and made a flower garden so it will be nice to see it grow.



This is what it looks like now, most of the plants were in pots before and we bought a new little tree to replace the tree fern that was killed off by the frost last year.







The alstromeria are doing really well this year, it must be the sunshine that has made them grow,



and the alium is doing ok too.

 

The beans are beginning to grow up the canes so hopefully we'll get a good harvest like we did last year.
We've been picking raspberries, strawberries and we've had a couple of cucumbers though the tomatoes aren't ripe yet but it won't be long until they are ready.



I was bought this book a few weeks ago but I do wish I'd read the others in the series first as things are a little muddled if you don't know who's who from the start but I shall carry on reading it and see who the murderer is.



Well that's all for now, it's exchange opening day tomorrow so I'll put some photos of what I've received soon and hopefully another photo of some more stitching. Daughter Kim is back from her holiday in Corfu tomorrow so it will be nice to have her back home again.

Take care, love Sue xx

No comments:

Post a Comment