Wednesday 2 August 2023

August update

The days are flying by again and lots have been happening in the home but probably nothing that would interest anyone other than family. My middle daughter Kim had a birthday on Sunday, she was 42 so it makes me feel old. I can remember going into hospital when she decided to arrive early for my Caesarean in the early hours and everywhere was decorated with bunting and balloons as it was the day after Charles and Diana got married. Sharon my eldest was only two but we had to take her with us and she sat there eating ice cream that the nurses had kindly given her, such lovely memories.

Anyway, here is what I've been doing since I last wrote anything. This is the quilt top all ready to be sandwiched together and quilted. It was a Moda Frivol kit called Windermere, not the easiest to do when you're a novice . There are plenty of mistakes but I'm pleased with how it's turning out. I've just got to pluck up the courage to get it all together now.




I've been doing a little bit of finishing, Hedgehog Row is finally finished off.



I stitched a little Christmas ornament, a Prairie Schooler snowman and finished it off,



and another one that I found that I'd stitched last year.



After looking through my wool last time I decided to go with this one, another Rosie's moments sock yarn that youngest daughter Rachel bought me. It's called Lavender Blue and is such a pretty colour, I wish I could take better photos but I'm really no good at doing anything other than point and click.





We've been getting so much veg from the garden that I've been having to freeze what we haven't given away. The tomatoes are lovely and sweet which makes up for the cucumbers that are growing so fast they are getting too big and don't taste as nice as the small ones. The beetroot, cabbages, carrots and swede are all looking good, that's one thing o thank all the rain for and we've had plenty of it lately.




Tony asked for cake so I made a madeira and a fruit one, that should keep him going for a while. I'm not supposed to eat cake as my cholesterol is high and even after losing a lot of weight it's still not come down and I'm sure one little slice won't make that much difference, someone has to taste it to make sure it's ok.



Well I'd better get on and get something done while the rain has stopped, the lawn wants mowing and the deadheads need coming off and I need a drink. 

Take care all,

Sue xx

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many lovely projects Sue.
    The quilt top is beautiful. I have two tops that need to be sandwiched together and then quilted but it’s very daunting isn’t it?
    Love the cross stitch ornaments and the pretty sock knitting too.
    Cake looks yummy. I bet it was gone in no time!
    Happy crafting,
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your valuable insights

    ReplyDelete