Sunday 16 July 2023

Halfway through July

This month is running away with me and I don't seem able to get half the things done that I wanted to partly because I've been feeling so tired and once again I keep getting migraines. I don't know why just one of those things.

I've managed to put a few more stitches in Sunshine Susan and I have stitched a small Christmas ornament that I forgot to take a photo of and I've started another too. I'd love to get some more ornaments done for the tree this Christmas but I'm always running out of time.


My eldest grand daughter Lily has been doing her mock GCSE exams for the past couple of weeks and in between studying she managed to sew this lovely beach hut cross stitch, it's her first attempt at sewing a biggish piece and I think she's made a lovely job of it. Nice to know that my love of cross stitch is being carried on.


I've been sorting through my wool as I fancied doing a bit of knitting in the evenings and narrowed it down to these two skeins. Rachel my youngest daughter buys me a yarn box from Rosie's Moments every year, either for Christmas or my birthday and I usually end up making socks or a shawl/scarf type of thing so I've been trying to think of something else to do with them but not come up with anything yet but I'll keep looking. The problem with that is that you see so many things that you'd like to do and then I still can't decide.


One other thing I've been doing is sorting through my fabric and I found my my lap quilt that I started ages ago so decided to try and do some more to it. The only thing I can say about it is that my appreciation of anyone doing flying geese has gone up in leaps and bounds. The number of times I've stitched a square and then undone it is so frustrating but I'll carry on, it's only for me and it's all good experience.

We've had heavy rain for the past couple of days with wind and hail thrown in for good measure but the garden is still doing well other than a few breakages. These are just a few photos I took last week when it was a bit calmer.












The greenhouse and the veg garden are doing well, an abundance of cucumbers and beans as well as raspberries and strawberries, the apples are getting bigger but the pears are a bit sparse this year


Well that's all to show for now, Tony has asked for cake so I'd better make a move and make one.

Take care all,  love Sue xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue: Your garden photos are beautiful.
    I love yarn but do not know how to crochet or knit.
    Your granddaughter finished a sweet beach scene, good luck to her on her exams.
    Love your Sunshine Sue, great progress.
    Yes July is speeding by.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos from your garden, ours looks a bit bedraggled with all the wind and rain we've been having, I don't think the flowers in my pots will last too much longer.
    Sunshine Sue looks like a very cheery piece, and how lovely that your granddaughter is cross stitching too, It's a nice feeling to think you have passed on the love of a hobby.
    I'm wanting to cast on some knitting too but can't decide what to do, I'd love to knit another jumper but I don't much enjoy the process of deciding what size and gauge swatching, so I've been putting that off.
    Hope you enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete