Friday 19 May 2023

The garden and some stitching

Hello all, missing in action again but I have been busy in the garden and trying to catch up with a little stitching when I can keep my eyes open in the evening. My knee still keeps playing me up but it's been manageable if I take things slowly especially coming down the stairs.

Some sad news too has slowed me down as my sister passed away recently and coming after the death of my brother before Christmas it's made me feel sad and a little bit alone but Tony's been good, giving a hug when I need one and I've really needed a few just lately.

I've had lots of time playing in the greenhouse and most of the seeds have grown so I'm hoping that with this warmer weather they will make healthy plants. We've had some problems in the garden this year, the cherry tree has been attacked by cherry aphids, little black beetles that attack the leaves and growing fruit although the blackbirds usually beat us to the fruit anyway. One of the peonies that I've had for years has either got wilt or blight so we've dug it out just in case. We've had them so long, just a bit of tuber from my Mum and Dad's garden but thankfully the other three look ok for now.

The wisteria is blooming again and the fronds of the ferns look so lovely when they are just unfurling.








Tony made the archway and the gate leading to the vegetable patch, hopefully the rose and clematis will flower this summer and cover the arch











A few of the seeds we planted this Spring.



And the beans and onions are starting to grow.



A new start, Summer by Rosewood Manor,



and a little shawl that I knitted at the beginning of the year that I forgot to post.


Well, that's about it for now, thankfully the weather has improved and the garden and my stitching is keeping me sane. Until next time, take care all, Sue xx

2 comments:

  1. I find that I don't get as much crafting time in the warmer months, there is so much outside to keep me busy too. So sorry to read about your sister. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue: I am so sorry about your news, it is hard to lose siblings.
    Your shawl is amazingly beautiful. Nice start on the new stitch.
    Thank-you for sharing your garden photos.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete