Monday 28 February 2022

Another oldie framed

 

I've just been checking back on my blog and hadn't realised that I started this SAL of Beatrix Potter in 2011. I finally finished it in 2015 and since then it has been in a drawer with all the other stitching that needs framing or finishing off. OH framed it for me a couple of weeks ago and it's now hanging on the wall where it belongs. I have quite a few pieces that I got fed up with stitching on or my tastes changed but looking back through them now I want to at least finish another one or two this year.


February's ornament is finished, I'm not sure if I'll finish them off as trees as they are in the booklet or whether to just have them with a loop for hanging on the tree. No rush at the moment to decide.

Another small stitch to make up, I can't remember who it is by and the chart has been put somewhere safe and I can't find it either. Too much going on in this old brain of mine lately and not all of it good.



Another couple of project bags have been made and have made a welcome change to get my sewing machine out as it doesn't get used as much as it should. Lots of fabric in the cupboards waiting to be used, both patchwork and dressmaking so I ought to make more of an effort before gardening season is upon us.



I had a craving for something sweet over the weekend so a little baking was done, needless to say that there's not a lot left of either the cake or the tarts now. I love making cakes, it was the last job that I had in my working life when I made cakes for a tea room which I really enjoyed doing.



No flowers in the garden at the moment though we have been out getting everything in the garden ready for Spring but a nice bunch of daffodils makes things look cheery. OH is out in the garden now putting in new compost bins that he's made but as it's raining I don't think he'll be out there much longer.


That's about it for now, take care,

love Sue xx



 

1 comment:

  1. Sue: Your desserts look yummy.
    Your sampler is beautiful, and the framing is perfect.
    Love your Santa and flower design.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete