Thursday 20 January 2022

A long overdue post

It's been a while since I last blogged, the second half of last year wasn't a very good one; losing friends and family is never a good thing to go through but it does put life in perspective. As well as that we also lost our lovely cat Troy, after all the tablets and medicines that he was taking it was dementia that finally made us make the decision to let him go. He was 16, a really friendly cat  who brought a lot of happiness to our family.  We still have his son, Gizmo who is now about the same age as there was only six months between them so we're not completely cat free, we still have lots of fuss and purrs.


A little bit of stitching to show. I did manage to do the Christmas exchange that I do every year though I sent something that I'd stitched earlier in the year as I couldn't motivate myself to do any stitching.


 
This is what I sent to Cathie
 

and this is what I received from Jenn, such a lovely exchange.
 
DH asked for woodworking tools for Christmas and he's been busy using them.
 
I stitched this piece just before Christmas and he made the box to go with it. The photos aren't very good as the light wasn't right and I don't think my old camera is doing so well these days but for now it will have to do. He's also been framing some of my old stitching that needed doing as I hadn't framed them right in the first place.
 

 
Berry Days at Thistle Down Farm by Brenda Gervais, I still have the needlebook to stitch but that can be done later.

I was going to put some more photos up but blogger doesn't want to let me so I'll leave it here for now.

Take care all,

love Sue xx
 




3 comments:

  1. Sue: The box your husband made is beautiful, my husband likes to work with wood also, keeps the guys busy don't you think, giggles.
    Beautiful exchanges, what fun.

    Have a lovely day
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, you sent and received nice gifts in your exchange.
    Your stitching in the box your husband made is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spotted you on a mutual friends blog, so thought I'd pop in to say hi, it's always fun meeting new bloggers. So sorry to hear about all your loss. These past 2 years have been so bad for so many. I keep hoping things will improve. Lovely stitching.

    ReplyDelete