Monday 27 August 2007

holiday weekend

Another bank holiday almost over and as usual it's been a working one though I have to say it's not me who's been doing the work. OH is still trying to finish the cat run off so that we can let the little horrors outside without fear of them getting run over. Not a lot more to do but it's hard work.




It was our anniversary last week, 29 years and they said it wouldn't last, how wrong could they be. I had two huge bouquets of flowers from Tony and Rachel and they smell gorgeous. Why do roses always fade first when they are always the most expensive flower in the bunch?






some of the flowers from Tony









some from Rachel





I've not done a lot more on my knitting as there isn't a lot left to do so I really ought to push myself to finish it before this baby makes an appearance. Rachel has started knitting a little hat which is coming along nicely. Here's a quick picture I took last week.


It's not a very good picture but you can see the basic pattern; I knitted this for my girls when they were babies and as the eldest is 28 it's been around for quite a while.

I've been asked to join another cross stitch exchange for Christmas with my friend from France who I met on the dmc forum so I think I'll hunt out some patterns and get stitching this afternoon, another little pleasure in my crafting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment