Thursday 9 August 2018

Keeping busy

 It is so hot and I'm not enjoying it, I love all the sunshine but the heat is really getting to me. The garden is in desperate need of rain, we are lucky in the fact that ours is an old house and we have a cestern underneath the kitchen that collects all the rain water so we should be ok for a while, it's just pumping it out thats the pain and filling endless watering cans.

It has been too hot to get in the room where my computer is, even with the fan going and the windows open it is still stifling. I am now grateful that our drive is like a wind tunnel and whatever breeze there has been has filtered through the open windows in the lounge so at least we have one room that's cool enough to sit in.

I've been trying to get back into the habit of stitching and I'm finding smallish patterns with a fairly quick finish are what I need at the moment.

This is one of Dany's that was a freebie with another pattern that I purchased. I've not decided how to finish it yet, probably a job for next week.




 I'm also hoping to get some dressmaking done. I used to do a lot when the girls were growing up, this is a quick summer skirt that I just wanted to practice on and it's not turned out too bad, at least it fits.


 I've just finished reading this, a follow on to The Bookshop in Rosemary Lane, a lovely light heaarted read.


 Not many flowers left in the garden, they flowered and that was it. I've got new plants growing but I've noticed that a lot of the petals are coming through distorted so perhaps it's lack of rain that's made them like that.








 We are due some rain over the next couple of days, we had a quick shower tonight but it dried as soon as it hit the ground.

Well that's about it for now,

love and hugs, Sue x



2 comments:

  1. The skirt looks pretty and your stitching lovely. Flowers are pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm finding that it's too hot to do any crafting as well, Sue; so well done on your cross stitching and summer skirt.

    ReplyDelete