Wednesday 25 March 2009

A PIF and a win

I noticed that Kath has received her PIF that I stitched for her, it was based on a strawberry design from JCS Christmas ornaments '06 but I'd got a bit fed up with stitching red so I thought
that I'd do blue for a change.
I hope that she liked it

I received another gift in yesterdays post, this time it was a win that I'd had on Cameo's blog.

I am determined that I shall stitch this before the year is out. This bike brings back so many memories of when I went to the TT races in 1970 on the back of one of these. I went with an ex and seven of his friends who all camped while I had to stay in a B&B or my mother wouldn't have let me go. She even sent a letter to the B&B just to make sure that I was there. I was twenty at the time in the days of mods and rockers and although I loved riding on the bike, I was still a mod at heart where fashion was concerned. I shudder when I think about it nowadays, I don't know how I had the nerve to get on the back of one of those.

I have some photos of the garden to show but it will have to wait until later or I'll get nothing done today and I've still got to find two more charts for my next exchanges.........



3 comments:

  1. its absolutely gorgeous. i never seen stitching in this shape before. so thanks once again

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks stunning - well done.
    How lucky is Kath. Love Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your *blue* strawberry is darling:) Have been itching to stitch this, must get to it!

    Stitchin Sweet Sue

    http://stitchinsweetsue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete