Wednesday 27 November 2019

Getting there, slowly.

The last time I sat down and tried to write on my blog was August but as you can guess it never appeared. I was feeling so down at the time that I think everyone would have thought that I was such a misery. Summer had been fine, the garden took a lot of my time and going in to August we renovated the kitchen and turned our old conservatory into a study. Then everything went downhill,  all I wanted to do was sleep, which I did in copious amounts. Life seemed to go on hold for a while but gradually things are getting better and I'm beginning to look forward instead of back and anyway who can be miserable at Christmas time when I've got visits from family and grandchildren to look forward to. I'm still not 100% right but I'm getting there. 

Gradually the sleeping went on to reading and little by little I started stitching again, nothing big but just enough to keep my mind from wandering. Below are a few of the stitches that I finished off, a couple are waiting to have embellishments put on them before I finish them off completely. I did do another one but that was sent as an exchange piece which was done in July but it's not opening day until next week so I'll post about that another time.


The little pansy cross stitch was finished, don't they have such sad faces.


Hands on Designs.... Grown with love.




Two of the stitches from Lizzie Kates Flora McSample Treats.


and a little bit more on Fragile Dreams.


The cactus has brightened the kitchen up on the dreariest days, I think it's an Autumn cactus rather than a Christmas one. The garden is too wet to do anything with, we've had so much rain but the leaves are making it slippy so I'll have to get out there soon and rake them all up. Well that's about it for now, I hope next time I post things will be a lot cheerier.

love and hugs,

                                                                      

1 comment:

  1. {{Hugest hugs}} Sue, you've been doing some lovely stitching.
    I've not blogged for a while either, but I will be back.
    Wishing you a lovely Christmas with your family x

    ReplyDelete