Wednesday 5 June 2019

June in the garden and stitching

Time has a habit of slipping by at the moment, always something to do whether it be housework, gardening or simply enjoying my crafts.

This time of year the garden takes up a lot of my time, not that I'm complaining, I love being out there, hands in the earth and hoping that the seeds that we've sown will all produce a meal or two once they've grown.

After grassing over the vegetable patch a couple of years ago I've missed growing vegetables and salad crops so this year we've made some raised beds and although it's a little late for this year I'm hoping that we will have something to show for our efforts,


Not a very good photo but we've done two of these, made a bit higher than usual so that I can sit on the side and plant. This was taken about two weeks ago and already we have seeds growing so fingers crossed we might at least manage a salad or two.

The garden is looking good this year and we are lucky that our tulip tree is blossoming again. Last year we had one flower but we've counted at least ten this year. This is the first one to open.



I've still been doing a bit of cross stitching but not as much with the garden taking over and I forgot to show my Easter exchange that I received from Chris at Needlecraft Haven.


This is what I received, such a pretty little bunny stitch,



and this is what I sent along with a picture of the extras that went with it.
                                    

A little Easter stitch at last finished off 


And another that has been waiting to be finished for a while.


I'm still plodding along with Never stop dreaming, I enjoy stitching this but I never seem to get anywhere with it.

That's about it for this catch up but here's a couple of pictures of the garden until next time




Love and hugs,

Sue x


2 comments:

  1. Your garden looks lovely. Great stitching and gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lovely garden Sue
    The exchange was good wasn't it, so many lovely things stitched and sent. I do like your little pocket, i'll have to remember that type of finish for another exchange.

    ReplyDelete