Thursday 4 April 2019

Where does the time go?

I think I'm losing the will to live, this is the third attempt at writing a blog post, the other two just disappeared while I was writing and if it doesn't save this time then I don't know what to do.

The weather is miserable, it's been such a mixed bag lately, snow, hail, sleet and rain and of course we've had a few glorious days when I've managed to make headway in the garden which is looking a lot tidier after a winter of neglect. The blossoms are out on the fruit trees and the spring bulbs are beginning to open up though most of the daffodils have almost finished.

There's not a lot of stitching to show as I've been sewing for a couple of exchanges which I can't put on here yet but I did stitch this for me as I thought it looked bright and cheerful. It came with the fabric to finish it off so I must get round to that along with all the other finishing that needs doing.


                                                         Hip Hop by Lizzie Kate


I got my sewing machine out and made this skirt, it's not a very good photo as the light is so bad with the weather being so miserable today. It's almost finished apart from a good press and a hook and eye on the waistband which seems to have disappeared, I know I bought a new packet of them so they must have gone into hiding.

I've had a bit more time on my hands as my computer has been playing up, my email page keeps turning blank and things don't seem to be in the same place as usual so I've been keeping off it to keep my sanity intact and apart from playing games which I do all too frequently I've not missed it......too much.

My daughter bought me a needle felting kit for last Christmas and so I thought I'd get it out and have a go with all this free time. I've been to craft fairs where I've watched ladies standing round prodding a needle into a clump of wool making wonderful creations and apart from stabbing my fingers a few times I found it very therapeutic and I'll certainly have another go sometime.




Here he/she is, my little hedgehog that hasn't come out too bad.

Mother's day last Sunday came with some beautiful flowers and chocolates and the smell from the blooms is gorgeous.




The chocolates have sadly been eaten, not all by me.


Well that's about it for now so I'll see if blogger is being kind and will let me send this post, until next time,

love and hugs,

Sue x

2 comments:

  1. That Hedgehog is adorable, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely needlefelting, he's sweet.
    Pretty blooms that are scenting your home Sue.
    The spring stitch is really pretty.
    Hoep you can get the computer stuff sorted.

    ReplyDelete