Monday 29 January 2018

January update

January comes full of good intentions and expectations but neither seem to have worked out this year. I've been having computer problems since before Christmas so the last thing I wanted was stress at such a busy time so I decided to have some time off while I got Christmas sorted.

A quick repair and it was up and running again until the beginning of the year when it went again so another trip to the pc doctor and hopefully we are all mended and ready to tackle 2018.

But then, just as all was well with the world, the sun was shining so I started out in the garden picking up leaves when my back decided to pack in as I was bending over. A weeks rest either in bed or on the sofa and I'm eventually feeling less pain and less like an old crock.

I thought I'd put a few pictures up just so I don't forget what I've been doing.

First is the Sewandso Christmas SAL which was a nice quick stitch and I managed to finish it in time. There's a new one starting next week so hopefully I shall join in with that one too.


And finally, Celtic Christmas is finished and framed, I can't remember when I started this but it was a long time ago.



                     The light isn't very good and neither is my camera but I'm pleased with the result.



Flowers for my birthday on January 1st, I also had a new phone and a little hedgehog kit to try out some needlefelting.



The hyacinths are blooming and smelling lovely and the poinsettia is still going strong which is unusual as I can't normally keep them.


I managed a walk down the garden after lunch, it was so nice to get out in the fresh air. Lots of signs that Spring is on her way and maybe this year we might have some daffodils that flower and not just leaves.

One thing good about having to rest was that I had time to read, both of them were good books but I'm a bit biased as I love Dilly Court and Rosie Goodwin.




Thank you for dropping by, until next time,

Sue x

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely post Sue love your SAL and finish so pretty .
    Love the celtic lady I stitched this one a few years ago and loved it..
    Your flowers look beautiful.
    Like the look of the two books I just wrote them down , I will look out for them when I go shopping .
    Have a happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects and flowers. As for the computer...what can I say...they drive us batty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning finish the SAL turned into, fabulous.
    Celtic looks great in its frame.
    Hope your PC woes are a thing of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful projects and flowers. Celtic Christmas has being on my wishlist forever. Someday I will buy the chart and stitch it.
    Thankfully your back is now much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great article..I am looking so forward to your blogcomment and
    I love your page on your post.. That is so pretty..
    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete