Thursday 13 July 2017

This year is flying by


I don't know where the past couple of months have gone but they've certainly gone quickly but I have managed to get a few things done here and there. I was off line for about three weeks as my computer decided it needed a break so I took the opportunity to do some decorating in the hall and kitchen. The kitchen is still not finished but it can wait as the garden tends to need a lot of attention during the summer months.

This year we have decided to cover the flower borders with stones and hope that with the weed suppressant matting underneath it will make them easier to manage. DH doesn't have a lot of time any more and I just don't have the energy so anything that makes life easier is a bonus. We are still having flowers in the borders but we will have them in pots that we can change and move around.


Getting ready,


the bottom border,


somewhere to sit and relax.

We've had a few days out with the grandchildren but as usual I forget to take my camera or if I remember to take it I still forget it's in my bag. These are a few that we took when we went to Beeston Castle in Cheshire where they had a jousting tournament and bird display.




Becky looking at the birds,

 
Joshua and Alex posing for the camera.


I have been stitching, these are a few birthday cards that I made,




 

Teapots is finished, just need the backstitch finishing,
 

Cherry Hill made into a zip up bag, a free class on Craftsy.


And this is Stella who we had to say goodbye to on Tuesday night. She was always tiny, more like a young kitten but she suddenly stopped eating and couldn't walk properly. Steroids and injections didn't help so it was decided that it was time to let her go. We will miss you Stella xx





 

Lastly, just a few flowers in the garden and I'll be back soon with a few more bits and pieces,

love,

4 comments:

  1. Your garden looks gorgeous, Sue. I hear you about the weeds, it seems that no matter how often I pull them, they just come right back with attitude! I am looking forward to seeing how the new border works for you, as I have always used mulch around my beds and that seems to help, but they still find their way to poke thru. I love the new bench area, and hope that you find time to relax in such a peaceful spot.
    I am famous for leaving my camera behind, and forgetting that I can take pics with my phone, but at the end of the day, it's your memories that mean the most...and your grandchildren are so cute. The jousting looks like such fun, I was amazed to see that they were festooned in beautiful regalia.
    Your stitching is gorgeous, I love it all, and those cards are works of art. Your recipients will be over the moon when they receive them.
    I am so sorry to read about the loss of your sweet Stella, and I am sending hugs and thoughts your way. It is so heart breaking to lose our furbabies.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards you have stitched Sue. Pretty desgins.
    Your garden looks beautiful.
    Sad news to read you have lost your furry friend, its hard when a much loved pet leaves us. {hugs} xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww so sorry about Stella, it's always hard when our furry friends leave us.

    Your garden looks beautiful, anything that keeps the weeds at bay is a winner!

    I love the stitched cards, but i love, love, love the zipped bag! I will have to search for that class, it's a great way to finish smaller designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks lovely, Sue. I'm not a great gardener so I'd definitely be using potted plants to create the look I wanted.
    Love the cards and zipped bag you made, they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete