Tuesday 2 June 2009

Never a dull moment

It's been a busy week what with looking after Lily and making sure that the garden is well watered now that everything is planted and growing. I can't wait for all my bedding plants to bloom, there's certainly enough in the ground now to give a good show.

I must thank Bev for the award that she gave me over a week ago and I've still not managed to put it on my blog but here it is now.Thank you so much Bev and once I've found my list of blogs to give it to I'll put it on here.
I have managed to do a bit of stitching, this is the scissor fob that I stitched for Janice on the Exchange Heaven blog, it was a quick little stitch and I really enjoyed doing it.

It's not a very good photo as it was taken when my camera was still playing up, but I think I've got it sorted now.
I've only managed a little on my Beatrix Potter this month as other things have taken priority and I do find it hard to keep the fabric from flopping around everywhere, but it's better than nothing.
I've even put a few stitches into my LHN Natures Beauty and hopefully before long it will be finished, but I've been trying to finish a bookmark that I'm doing for a Threads of Friendship exchange before I do anything else of mine.

I was looking through an old box with some of my earlier stitching in and I came across a UFO well hidden amongst my sewing stuff. I started this years ago and I loved doing it at the time but somehow it got pushed to one side, I think it's all the different colours in the garden that put me off. I was stitching it to make as a fire screen, maybe I ought to give it another try.
It's a Teresa Wentzler design called an English Garden Sampler, I've stitched the middle section with the alphabet and the potted trees and to be honest it looks a lot nicer than the picture of the kit above, there's a lot of green and gold in it which looks lovely.

And finally, I can't end the day without putting up a photo of Lily; she fell over today just after I'd taken this picture and she has a slight chip on her front tooth. I don't know who cried most, me or her. I felt so guilty that I'd let her fall over and I asked Rachel, her mum, to come over in her lunch hour to check her over. I'm so glad that I'm past child bearing age !
And just one more, here's baby Joshua just before he left hospital.
hugs,

3 comments:

  1. I love the work in progress, the little pillow is lovely and the children look so cute!
    Congrats on the blog award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the red thread you are using for Beatrix Potter, very romantic.
    You have two beautiful grandbabies there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ssue

    Love the new look of your blog and I like that piece you've found, and you're doing well with Beatrice, I have resorted to a bigger hoop to hold it and its a lot easier to stitch... I saw your scissor fob on th exchaage Heaven site and thought it lovely..
    well done, some lovely stitching and Lily is cute in her hat and Joshua looks so cuddly..its a wonderful thing being a grand ma!

    Chris x

    ReplyDelete