Tuesday 26 February 2019

Sunshine days

It's been so lovely to have some sunny days and actually manage to get out in the garden in the fresh air, January and February aren't very good months for me but a little bit of sunshine does wonders for the soul. 

I have a few things to show, I finally finished "Ladybugs and Bumblebees" after about three new starts and goodness knows how many changes of thread, at one point I was ready for throwing it but I got it out a few weeks ago and everything seemed to drop into place. I still don't like the pale colours, they hardly show up but it's done.


Ladybugs and Bumblebees by Country Cottage Needleworks

I know I should have ironed it but until I know how I'm going to finish it, it can stay as it is.

I also joined in with the ladies at Needlecraft Haven in their Valentine exchange, this is what I received from Deb, lots of lovely goodies and the chocolate was yummy.
 


This is what I sent to Clare, I'd had the pattern for a while and just needed the right reason to stitch it.


Happy Heart Heart Day by the Trilogy


A late birthday present came through in the post and it's just the right time to stitch it, pansies are such pretty flowers.


And a little bit of Spring to lighten the days,


I've done a little more knitting and a bit more stitching but no photos of them so they'll keep until next time.

Sue xx

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching...and lovely gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gifts you sent and received are lovely.
    It's great to have longer and warmer days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The exchange was fabulous wasn't it, such lovely things sent and received by everyone.
    Ladybugs is a lovely finish. I stitched it too, it must be in my 'what shall I do with it' drawer lol.

    ReplyDelete