Thursday 20 September 2018

Autumn is here

I love this time of year when all the leaves are turning to their rich golden colours, a fire lit in the evening and hopefully some good TV to watch while I'm stitching. The only problem is that the spiders like to visit at this time of year and I'm not one of their biggest fans.

I finished another little stitch last week,


Gingerbread House number 2, by Country Cottage Needleworks.


I also put a few more stitches into Never Stop Dreamingby Design Works. Hoping to get some more of this done during the week, it's been hanging around for a while.


While I was clearing out my craft cupboard I found this jumper that I was knitting for DH ages ago so I've spent a few hours doing a few more rows and hopefully one day it will be finished. Goodness knows when though as I am such a slow knitter.


Last weekend we had Lily and Callum come to stay, Lily wanted to make cakes but all Callum wanted to do was play on the computer so I didn't get a photo of him as all I could see was the back of his head.


Youngest grandson Alex modelling a new pattern that my eldest daughter Sharon was testing out for the designer.


And these were a present from DH, just because, one of my favourite flowers.

Lots of wind this week and plenty of windfalls from the apple and pear trees that need sorting out, we've had a good year for fruit but not so good with the salad and vegetables, I don't think they liked the hot weather that we had.

Thank you for dropping by,

love and hugs,

Sue x


3 comments:

  1. Like your CCN finish. Never stop Dreaming will be lovely when completed. I love the look of cable stitches in knitting but I find it makes me a very slow knitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous knitting, that's going to be a cosy sweater. Perhaps you could join us in the parlour at NH with your knitting so it grows a little each week?
    Sweet CCN finish.
    How lovely to have the grandchildren to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitching Sue and that knitting is gorgeous worth finishing.. and is that Lily??? Omgosh it was only the other day she was a baby!!

    ReplyDelete