Tuesday 17 July 2018

July update

Well six months have passed since my last blog post, it wasn't intentional to leave it but life has a habit of getting in the way of catching up with things.

My back problems lasted longer than expected and even though it gave me more time to stitch, I just couldn't get into doing anything, I just felt sorry for myself. At the same time DH was told that the place he'd worked for for 30 years was closing so that was another worry. 

With no work for him to do we had a lovely two months getting the garden sorted, going out and about and thoroughly enjoying time together that we'd never had chance to do before.

Thankfully the back problems have calmed and DH has started another job so I thought it was about time I spent some time on my little blog. There's not been a lot of stitching and what little I've done hasn't been photographed. The garden was looking lovely until this heatwave but I'm sure once we have a little rain again it will soon perk up. The flowers haven't lasted this year so I'm hoping for another show later in the year.

I did join in with my "Gift of Friendship" exchange that I've been doing for years.



This is what I sent to Cathie




And this is to me from Marina, lots of lovely goodies.


We cleared out the pond this year and added some new fish, lovely to watch them splashing about.

And a few flowers from the garden
 




That's all for now,

Sue x

3 comments:

  1. Lovely exchange gifts, both sent and received, Sue.
    It's good to read that your back is much better and that DH has a new job.
    Beautiful blooms in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased to read that your back has improved.
    Good news DH has found new employment, I hope he will be happy there.
    Lovely exchange, thoughtful goodies sent and received.

    ReplyDelete