Sunday 20 September 2009

Autumn sunshine

It's glorious outside today and DH keeps saying why don't I go out in the garden and enjoy myself like I usually do when the sun is shining. Well, as everything in life, there is a reason why I don't like gardening in autumn.........I'm terrified of spiders. I don't even like going into the greenhouse to pick the tomatoes in case one falls on my head from where it's been lurking, waiting for me to walk into it's wonderful web! I can sit and watch them from the safety of the conservatory and marvel at the intricacies of their spinning, but oh how I wish they'd do it somewhere else.

On a brighter note, Elisa has received the stitching that I sent to her as her exchange piece for Exchange Heaven.
I loved stitching this and made it into a needle book for her. I really must learn how to use my camera better than point, click and that's it!

Lily has gone away for the week with her mum Rachel and Darren, her first proper holiday and I think if things go to plan for Darren there will be news to tell when they get back. I am going to make the most of it and try and get some stitching done though to be truthful I really ought to do some decorating before it gets too cold to keep the windows open, but it's so much nicer and oh so much easier to sit and stitch.

Joshua is growing fast but still no news of his appointment for his clicky hip. his neck has responded well after visiting the osteopath and Sharon says that he might only need one more visit and then she can carry on with the exercises herself. Poor little chap he's had so much prodding since he's been born but he still smiles away.
Hardly any Beatrix done this month but starlight sampler is coming along nicely.....

hugs

3 comments:

  1. Your needlebook is absolutely gorgeous! I only hope one day my finishing will look so beautiful. Your grandson is adorable as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that needlebook, Sue!
    I have the same problem about bees/wasps in the garden right now. There are so many and they totally interfere with me getting things done! The spiders don't bother me much...only when I accidently walk through a web...yuk, talk about heebee jeebies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The needle book is gorgeous Sue.
    You have stitched and finished it beautifully.
    Sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete