Monday 27 October 2008

A new beginning




It's been a bit hectic the past week or so, Rachel has had Darren staying over for the week and with my three days looking after Lily time has been a bit lacking.

Lily is now crawling, a bit too fast for these old legs of mine to keep up with her, but we have fun on our days together. Rachel found another tooth had come through tonight so that means she's got four altogether and she certainly knows how to nip with them. Feeding time is fun as she is supposed to be having proper meals but getting anything solid down her is like fighting a losing battle, though she has taken a liking to organic carrot coated crisps!!


I had a lovely weekend in the garden with Tony, I watched while he did all the work. We had a drive down the side of the garden and he's turfed it over to make a bigger lawn for me. It's been a lot of hard work for him but it's looking good at the moment, I've just got to sort the borders out with my bulbs and wallflowers and hopefully come spring I'll have a nice display to look at.

I've managed to finish my cross stitch for the Christmas exchange that I'm in, I never thought that I'd finish it as one thing after another seemed to go wrong. I haven't done a lot of stitching this year but I'm getting back into the swing of things so I hope that I can keep going with it.


I've still got to sew the biscornu together and as I've never done one before, I'm hoping and praying that it will come together ok. I've got to post it out next weekend so if it all goes wrong there's not much time to stitch anything else.

I've also managed to make five of the six cards that I need for the thread exchange next month, I don't have to make hand made cards but I like to make the effort. Now if only I can find the energy to do all the cleaning that's been backing up over the last week, I'd be a happy lady. I'd better go and do a bit of tidying round or it will all be waiting for me tomorrow and I don't think I could face that........




No comments:

Post a Comment